Look at the pretty shiny. Those are my contributor copies of Dreaming of Djinn that arrived this morning. Edited by the brilliant Liz Grzyb and published by Ticonderoga Publications, this is an anthology of stories inspired by The Thousand and One Nights. Isobelle Carmody says of the book:
To open Dreaming Of Djinn is to open a jewel encrusted box full of exquisite and mouthwatering delicacies.
This sensuous and truly mouthwatering collection melding the modern and the ancient with the strangeness of speculative fiction, is a treasure trove of originality and exotic magic.
It will ravish your senses as it transports you to a world of flying carpets, powerful ifrits, exotic foods and above all, dancing as deadly as it is beautiful.
Sounds pretty sweet, right? It features my story, On a Crooked Leg Lightly. I would highly recommend this book, and not only because I’m in it. There are 18 stories in all, from a wide variety of authors:
18 stories by:
- Marilag Angway “Shadow Dancer”
- Cherith Baldry “The Green Rose”
- Alan Baxter “On A Crooked Leg Lightly”
- Jenny Blackford “The Quiet Realm of the Dark Queen”
- Jetse de Vries “Djinni Djinni Dream Dream”
- Thoraiya Dyer “The Saint George Hotel”
- Joshua Gage “The Dancer of Smoke”
- Richard Harland “The Tale of the Arrow Girl”
- Faith Mudge “The Oblivion Box”
- Havva Murat “Harmony Thicket and the Persian Shoes”
- Charlotte Nash “Parvaz”
- Anthony Panegyres “Oleander: An Ottoman Tale”
- Dan Rabarts “Silver, Sharp as Silk”
- Angela Rega “The Belly Dancing Crimes of Ms Sahara Desserts”
- Jenny Schwartz “The Pearl Flower Harvest”
- Barb Siples “The Sultan’s Debt”
- Pia Van Ravestein “Street Dancer”
- DC White “A Dash of Djinn and Tonic”