I am totally psyched to announce that my story, The King’s Accord, originally in the Flesh & Bone: Rise Of The Necromancers anthology from Pill Hill Press, is going to be reprinted in Ticonderoga Publications inaugural Year’s Best Australian Fantasy and Horror anthology. This is my first ever Year’s Best reprint and I couldn’t be happier. Also, how freaking sweet is that cover? It looks fantastic. And the Table of Contents is just phenomenal – I can’t believe I have a story included among this kind of company.
From the Ticonderoga press release yeaterday:
Ticonderoga Publications is walking on sunshine to announce the contents for its inaugural Year’s Best Australian Fantasy and Horror anthology.
Editors Liz Grzyb and Talie Helene have produced a list of 33 excellent tales by some of Australia’s biggest names as well as some emerging writers.
The anthology collects 150,000 words of the best stories published last year from the Antipodes
The stories are (alphabetically by writer):
* RJ Astruc: “Johnny and Babushka”
* Peter M Ball: “L’esprit de L’escalier”
* Alan Baxter: “The King’s Accord”
* Jenny Blackford: “Mirror”
* Gitte Christensen: “A Sweet Story”
* Matthew Chrulew: “Schubert By Candlelight”
* Bill Congreve: “Ghia Likes Food”
* Rjurik Davidson: “Lovers In Caeli-Amur”
* Felicity Dowker: “After the Jump”
* Dale Elvy: “Night Shift”
* Jason Fischer: “The School Bus”
* Dirk Flinthart: “Walker”
* Bob Franklin: “Children’s Story”
* Christopher Green: “Where We Go To Be Made Lighter”
* Paul Haines: “High Tide At Hot Water Beach”
* L.L. Hannett: “Soil From My Fingers”
* Stephen Irwin: “Hive”
* Gary Kemble: “Feast Or Famine”
* Pete Kempshall: “Brave Face”
* Tessa Kum: “Acception”
* Martin Livings: “Home”
* Maxine McArthur: “A Pearling Tale”
* Kirstyn McDermott: “She Said”
* Andrew McKiernan: “The Memory Of Water”
* Ben Peek: “White Crocodile Jazz”
* Simon Petrie: “Dark Rendezvous”
* Lezli Robyn: “Anne-droid of Green Gables”
* Angela Rega: “Slow Cookin’ ”
* Angela Slatter: “The Bone Mother”
* Angela Slatter & LL Hannett: “The February Dragon”
* Grant Stone: “Wood”
* Kaaron Warren: “That Girl”
* Janeen Webb: “Manifest Destiny”
In addition to the above incredible tales, the volume will include a review of 2010 and a list of recommended stories.
The anthology is scheduled for publication in June 2011. The anthology will be available in hardcover, ebook and trade editions and can be pre-ordered at http://indiebooksonline.com.