My short story, Stand Off, was published in text and podcast by Wily Writers back in 2009. I was honoured when Wily Writers then contacted me and bought the story again to reprint in their first Best Of anthology. This is my first inclusion in a Best Of book, hopefully the first of many.
Night-Mantled: The Best of Wily Writers (Volume 1) is now available from Amazon. Here’s the blurb:
This anthology of speculative fiction short stories from exceptionally wily writers will take you from looking over your shoulder to pondering the wonders of the universe and back again. The WilyWriters.com podcast chooses only the best two stories per month from its submissions and records them for your listening pleasure. This volume collects Year #1’s best of the best.
Here’s the ToC:
* Alan Baxter: “Stand Off”
* Jennifer Brozek: “Honoring the Dead”
* SatyrPhil Brucato: “I Feel Lucky”
* Nathan Crowder: “Ink Calls to Ink”
* Richard E. Dansky: “Small Cold Thing”
* Seanan McGuire: “Julie Broise and the Devil”
* Lisa Morton:“Sane Reaction”
* Ripley Patton: “A Speck in the Universe”
* Grant Stone: “The Salt Line”
* Joel A. Sutherland: “The Death of Captain Eugene Bloodcake and the Fall of the Horrid Whore”
* Bruce Taylor: “The Prey”
* Mark W. Worthen: “The Minimart, the Ruger, and the Girl”
It’s a great list of authors in which I’m very proud to be included. Get your copy here.