It was only a couple of weeks ago that I was waxing lyrical about one of my favourite publications, Midnight Echo. In fact, I was posting about how issue 5 was now available and featured a killer line-up of awesome stuff. I also said, “I’m really hoping that they’ll buy one of my stories one day.” Well, what do you know – I’ve just had word that my sci-fi/horror story, Trawling The Void, has been accepted for publication in issue 6.
Midnight Echo is the official publication of the Australian Horror Writers Association, so it’s all about dark fiction. Issue 6 is a themed edition, with all the stories being some variety of sci-fi. My story scored an Honourable Mention in the Writers Of The Future competition last year, and is exactly suited to the theme of ME6. But it’s a tough publication to score a hit in, so I’m Snoopy dancing like a madman at landing this one.
It’s co-edited by the team of Jason Fischer, David Conyers and David Kernot. The full ToC was released by Jason Fischer today and I must say, I’m humbled to be a part of this line-up:
* Out Hunting for Teeth by Joanne Anderton
* Trawling the Void by Alan Baxter
* Silver-Clean by Jenny Blackford
* Graveyard Orbit by Shane Jiraiya Cummings
* More Matter, Less Art by Stephen Dedman
* Seeds by Mark Farrugia
* Earth Worms by Cody Goodfellow
* The Wanderer in the Darkness by Andrew McKiernan
* Dead Low by Cat Sparks
* Surgeon Scalpelfingers by Helen Stubbs
This issue will also contain interviews all sorts of other bits and pieces.
Sweet! I’ll let you know when it’s published.