Lookit! I got my contributor copy of Damnation & Dames in the post today. It features the story I co-wrote with Felicity Dowker (who you may remember from such posts as the one right before this one). Our story is called Burning, Always Burning and I’m very proud of it. It’s my first published collaboration, and Felicity’s, so it’s a pleasure to not only feature in another Ticonderoga Publications book, but to share that feature with Felicity.
And remember me saying in the previous post about how Ticonderoga are producing some of the best books in Australia at the moment, with some of the best covers? Seriously, check that shit out. That’s another sweet-looking cover. Compared to a lot of stuff coming out these days you could be forgiven for thinking that covers are deemed unimportant and can therefore be bland and unimaginative. But not with Ticonderoga.
I can’t wait to read this book, with sixteen paranoirmal tales from a selection of great authors. It’s available now, from here.
Damnation and Dames (tpb)
edited by Liz Grzyb & Amanda Pillar
The anthology brings you sixteen stories of murder and mayhem, monsters and mysterious femme fatales.
- Lindsy Anderson – The Third Circle
- Chris Bauer – Three Questions and One Troll
- Alan Baxter & Felicity Dowker – Burning, Always Burning
- Jay Caselberg – Blind Pig
- M.L.D. Curelas – Silver Comes the Night
- Karen Dent – A Case to Die For
- Dirk Flinthart – Outlines
- Lisa L. Hannett & Angela Slatter – Prohibition Blues
- Donna Maree Hanson – Sangue Sella Notte
- Rob Hood – Walking the Dead Beat
- Joseph L Kellogg – The Awakened Adventure of Rick Candle
- Pete Kempshall – Sound and Fury
- Chris Large – One Night at the Cherry
- Penelope Love – Be Good Sweet Maid
- Nicole Murphy – The Black Star Killer
- Brian G. Ross – Hard Boiled